Information, maps and FAQs are posted at http://bit.ly/GrowthBoundaries. Please see these two attachments as well:
For specific information on where your child will be assigned for next year (2014-15), please go to the Address Look-up Tool on the district’s web site. This tool will be updated by the end of this week to reflect changes approved by the School Board for the 2014-15 school year.
Brochure from Seattle Department of Transportation on planning for winter weather. Click HERE for information on planning for winter travel, including a map of area snow routes.
- our mission and vision,
- student assurances,
- access to Fusion and The Source, the Seattle Schools information websites.
Some of you may have heard from your students about changes to the dress code this year.
The good news is:
· There are only two changes to the existing dress code
· The affected clothing can still be worn with modification
The not so good news is:
· Even though we have delivered the information to students in a number of different ways, there are still some misunderstandings
· When we were unable to share this information with parents during Open Houses, it got lost in the opening of school shuffle
SO to clarify…
1. The explanation of the dress code policy can be found in the student’s planner on page 7.
2. The two changes relate to yoga pants/leggings and tank tops
a. Both are allowed but not as the outside layer of clothing
b. For yoga pants and leggings, another item (tunic, shorts, skirt) must be worn that extends over the gluteal region (please see above)
c. For tank tops, our guideline is a width of three fingers. Our main objective is to have it fit well enough so that the chest and abdominals are not exposed (for boys) and that undergarments are completely covered (for girls)
3. Students who do not meet dress code will be allowed to call home and given appropriate attire to wear back to class so they do not miss instruction. It is up to the student to return to the office to retrieve any items dropped off from home.
We appreciate your support with this and understand that our communication could have been better. Thank you for supporting Eckstein in our efforts to maintain a respectful environment focused on learning. If you have any questions, please contact Jolene Anderson, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org