support Eckstein Band by purchasing a 2016-17 sweatshirt or t-shirt for
your child, members of your family, or both! The hooded sweatshirts,
short-sleeve t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts are red with the band
logo design in white centered on the front. Order forms will be
distributed in class, or you can download a form here.
Orders, with payment, are due by the end of school on Friday, October
14, 2016 and can be dropped into the mailbox in Room 118. Please email
Amy Benward at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Eckstein Band Dutch Mill Spring Bulb Sale
It's time to order those spring bulbs, and make a little money for our music program! We earn 50% of all orders placed so it's a great way to brighten your garden and support band at the same time. Go to: http://groups.dutchmillbulbs.com/ecksteinmiddleschool.php to place your order. Bulbs will ship in 1-2 weeks.
Anyone can order, so feel free to share the link.
Save your Stuff and Save the Date - Saturday, April 8th, 2017
The Annual Eckstein Band Rummage Sale is Saturday, April 8th, 2017. We need your donations to make this event a success. Please set aside your household items, books, music, furniture sporting equipment, gently used clothing, and more. On Friday, April 7th, bring your donations to the Eckstein Cafeteria between 1:30 and 4 p.m.
Mark your calendar and come to the Rummage Sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. There will be great deals to be had, baked goods, and music from our very own jazz combos.
Monies raised from the rummage sale go directly to the Eckstein’s music program and are used to help offset some of the cost of off-campus music performances, repair damaged instruments and provide scholarship to children who needs assistance. Our goal is to make music accessible to everyone.
We will be recruiting volunteers to help with setup on Friday afternoon and to help at the sale on Saturday. Watch for a signup announcement in March.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Fulton (email@example.com) or Maggie Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your Support Provides Wonderful Things!
The goal of the Eckstein Band Program is to provide the highest quality experience for all of our band students. Our philosophy is that no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in an activity due to personal lack of funds.
Our community supports the daily operational needs of all the Eckstein bands and vocal groups. In addition, we replace and repair a limited amount of band-owned and student-used instruments.
Contributions of time, financial support and musical instruments help bridge the gap between the band's annual budget and their actual needs.Our success is dependent upon our community and we are extremely grateful for all of your contributions!
How You Can Help
- Send in your $70 Band Enrichment Fee, ideally early in September. Please use the Band Enrichment Fee Form to make your payment.
- Consider an additional tax-deductible contribution. Please check with your employer to see if they will match part or all of your contribution. (Donate online using your Visa or Mastercard through the secure Alliance For Education website.) Please indicate that your donation is for the Eckstein Band so that your donation will be properly credited to the band.
- Volunteer for a band event or committee.
- Donate an instrument on the wish list.
Where Your Money Goes
Band Enrichment Fee
- 75% band music, band supplies and instrument repairs
- 25% substitute band teachers, student awards, student recognition, band office supplies and scholarships
Band Fundraisers - bake sales, t-shirt sales, raffle basket sales, and band gigs
- Band scholarships, music, supplies and repairs
Our kids are inspired by your generous support! Thank You!