First Day of School Procedures
Posted: | Updated:
Please Note: The first day of school is NOT an early release day. Students will be dismissed at 3:45 pm.
Please read our Back to School Newsletter for important information: https://www.smore.com/ac8zm-back-to-school-newsletter
- Please encourage your student to bring their supplies on the first day of school, including water bottles.
- Parent drop off and pick up of students is on NE 75th Street, right in front of the school. Please pull forward as far as you can to accommodate more vehicles. Drivers are asked not to exit their vehicles during drop off or pick up in order to maximize safety for students and smooth operations.
- Accessibility drop off will take place in the back parking lot. Travelling east on NE 75th Street, you will turn right into the driveway at the end of the school building.
- Students taking yellow school bus transportation will be dropped off at the parking lot on 30th. They will also catch the bus in the same place in the afternoon.
7th and 8th graders – First Day of School Meeting Location
- BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL students can find their homeroom teachers by logging onto the Source. Homerooms will be posted on September 6th.
- If students do not know their homeroom before arriving at school on the first day, they will find postings of homerooms in the garden on the cafeteria windows and in each of the front entrance hallways of Eckstein.
- Students should report to their homeroom teacher promptly after the first bell at 8:50am.
6th graders – First Day of School Meeting Location
- At the front of the school on NE 75th Street to the left of the front doors on the large grassy area, 6th graders will identify their homeroom teachers by obtaining a nametag from a table which will have their homeroom teacher listed on it.
- They will then enter the building from the front doors on NE 75th Street, and walk straight into the Auditorium, located directly inside the doors, where they will look for their homeroom teacher holding a large sign.
- We will take it from there as we welcome and orient our Eckstein Eagles to middle school!
- Parents and guardians will be invited to join the PTSA in the cafeteria