Eckstein Middle School serves northeast Seattle students in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
Eckstein Middle School, a diverse community of life long learners, will ensure the academic, social, and emotional growth and success of each student.
- Each student will be known, nurtured, and challenged.
- Each student will be given opportunities to actively engage in achieving their full potential.
- The school environment will foster creative problem solving.
- The school will provide an atmosphere to guide each student in becoming a healthy, confident, resilient, and responsible world citizen, prepared for high school and beyond.
Assurances to Students:
- Your academic and social well-being will be at the core of all staff decisions.
- Your teachers will empower you to become leaders in the learning process, value your perseverance and creativity, and provide you with quality feedback.
- Your teachers will integrate technology within the curriculum preparing you for the 21st Century.
- You will benefit from teachers who collaborate to create lessons that will positively impact your achievement.
- You will benefit from staff who works to ensure an inclusive, safe, and supportive learning environment that honors individuality and encourages self-advocacy.
- You will benefit from a staff that values family, diversity, and community partnerships. Eckstein will strive to increase parent/guardian involvement.
- You will benefit from a staff that will communicate with the elementary and high schools to create smooth transitions.
ECKSTEIN SUPPLY LIST FOR 2016-17
General Supply List for Classes:
q One 3” heavy duty three-ring notebook (maybe an extra one for later in the year, if needed)
q Notebook dividers (5 tab minimum)
q Pencil pouch
q Writing supplies (no Sharpies allowed):
o two dozen sharpened pencils
o 8 pens (black or blue ink)
o colored pencils
o two fine-tip black non-permanent markers (ie. Flair or Pilot)
q Pencil sharpener with receptacle
q 8 ½” x 11” notebook paper (lined, College rule, if possible)
q Flash (thumb) Drive
q Ruler with both standard and metric measurements
q 4 operation calculator**
q Five Mead composition notebooks, 80-100 pages (wide-rule, if possible)
q Student planner or download an app on your smart phones or tablets, etc.
**If you are in a 7th or 8th grade math class, wait to get specific instructions from your teacher about the calculator you will need.
8th graders - an additional 1 1/2" binder is required for your Language Arts class; the notebook will stay at school so it can be a recycled binder, if preferred.
Advisory Supply List (for all 6th graders, and 7th/8th graders who did not create a portfolio during the past school year):
q One 1 ½” binder
q 5 dividers
Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once students are assigned to their classes. This information will be provided by teachers during the first week of school.
It is recommended that students install the Schoology app on their smart phones or tablets, etc. It is available for free for iOS on the App Store and for Android on the Google Play Store.
Donations of any of these supplies are greatly appreciated and can be dropped off in the Main Office. Thank you.