Eckstein Weekly News
January 27, 2023
- Jan. 23 – Screenagers Showing at Eckstein for Families (More info below)
- Jan 30-Mar-1 – Schedule Change Request Window
- Feb. 2 – Incoming Student Open House (6 pm)
- Feb. 3 – AM Assembly – Black History Month (See bell schedule below)
- Feb. 6 – PTSA Board Meeting (7pm)
- Feb. 6. – Conversation e/Board Members (more info below)
- Feb. 6-17 – Elective Registration for Current 6th & 7th Grade Students Attending Eckstein
- Feb. 7 & 8 – Eckstein Musical Auditions (more info below)
- Feb. 8 – Semester 1/Quarter 2 Ends
- Feb. 9 – Semester 2/Quarter 3 Begins
- Feb. 13 – PTSA General Meeting (7 pm)
- Feb. 13 – 17 – Spirit Week
- Feb. 17 – Pep Assembly PM Schedule
- Feb. 20-24 – Mid-Winter Break
- Feb. 27 – Screenagers Next Chapter – Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience
- Early March – Semester 1 Report Cards posted on Source, more to come
- Mar. 16 – Student Led Conferences (See Info Below)
Second Semester Schedules Released on Monday, January 30, 2023
We will release semester 2 schedules to students (on paper in homeroom and via the Source) on Monday, January 30th. After schedules are released, students will have the opportunity to request a schedule change. The schedule change window is January 30th to March 1st. The Microsoft form is embedded on this webpage and will open at 9 am on January 30th: https://ecksteinms.seattleschools.org/academics/registrar/ . There will also be paper copies of this form available outside the main office.
For questions please email our Registrar Toni Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPS Admissions Fair is Saturday, January 28, 2023
The SPS Admissions Fair is Saturday, Jan. 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the John Stanford Center.
School and district representatives will be available to answer questions about schools, programs, Open Enrollment, and the School Choice process.
Families can also register their children for the 2023-24 school year. If registering, please bring:
- 2 documents with proof of address (dated within the past 2 months)
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- Student Birth Certificate or passport (for kindergarten or 1st grade students only)
- Student vaccination records
Black History Month Assembly Bell Schedule for February 3
HR-Assembly: 8:55 AM -10:00 AM
Period 1: 10:05 AM – 10:50 AM
Period 2: 10:55 AM – 11:40 AM
Period 3: 11:45 AM – 1:10 PM
1st lunch: 11:45 AM – 12:15 PM (class: 12:20 PM – 1:10 PM)
2nd lunch: 12:40 PM -1:10 PM (class: 11:45 AM – 12:40 PM)
Period 4: 1:15 PM – 2:00 PM
Period 5: 2:05 PM – 2:50 PM
Period 6: 2:55 PM – 3:45 PM
Conversation with School Board Members – Feb 6
Join us for a greater community conversation led by School Board members about Sexual Harassment and other interactions amongst students. All members of the family are welcome!
Monday February 6, 2023 7:00 to 8:00 PM
Eckstein Middle School Auditorium 3003 NE 75th Street
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Eckstein Musical-The Lightning Thief-Auditions Feb 7&8
Auditions: February 7th, 3:55 pm – 5:30 pm & February 8th, 2:45 pm – 5:30 pm
Audition order will be first come, first seen. Come in after school & sign up for a slot!
(Each student only needs to attend one of the audition days, and is released after their audition.)
Students need to complete an Audition Packet that they can find in the Main Office.
Callbacks will be held on February 9th from 3:55 pm – 6:00 pm for those we would like to see read for specific roles. If you are not called back, it does not mean you are not in the show.
The characters in this play are mythical gods and heroes and can be anyone!
All roles are open to Eckstein students of all
ethnicities, genders and levels of experience!
There are both singing and non-solo singing parts to play!
Please visit our website to find more information about auditions.
Student Led Conferences – March 16, 2023
Eckstein Families! Please mark your calendar for Student-led conferences on March 16, 2023. Your student will present and reflect on their progress in school by sharing goals and assignments. Homeroom teachers will reach out to schedule a time on Thursday, March 16th for you to come in and celebrate your student! In order to have Student Led Conferences, there will be no school for students only at Eckstein on March 16, 2023.