What is Schoology?
Schoology is the District’s new Learning Management System (LMS). This is the tool for communicating with students and families through teacher pages, posting assignments and information for students, and accepting student assignments, among many other things. Students can access Schoology from any computer or mobile device with Internet access.
What is the difference between Schoology, Source, and the District/School website?
Schoology is our Learning Management System, where teachers can post course content, provide resources for students, and review assignments. The Source is where parents/guardians, and students go to see their current schedule, assessment scores, attendance, library information andsecondarystudent grades. The District/School website is our externally-facing web presence for people interested in learning more about our schools and programs.
How do I login to Schoology?
Teachers and students can login to Schoology using their district email@example.com and password. To login to Schoology, go to lms.seattleschools.org.
Parents and guardians will need to create an account to login to Schoology using an access code. You can find your access code by logging into the Source and selecting Schoology Access Codes from the left menu. Login to the Source by going to http://ps.seattleschools.org.
Can I use Schoology on a mobile device or tablet?
Yes. Apps are available for both iOS and Android devices.
Click on the applicable resource for more information:
Schoology Answers for Parents
What can parents see in Schoology?
Parents can view courses, assignments, and calendars for all their students. Parents cannot view submitted assignments, comments from other children in the class, or assignment grades.
I have multiple children in the District. Can I view all my children under my Schoology account?
Yes. With Schoology, it’s easy to add additional children to your parent account. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to add additional children.
What do I do if I forget my Schoology password?
Why can’t I change my password?
Make sure your name is selected; you may be in your student’s account.
Why don’t I see + Add Child?
Make sure your name is selected, you may be in your student’s account.
Why do I only see one school on my right menu?
Schoology displays the school of the first student you added to your account when you registered. To see all schools, select All Children from the right menu.
Why don’t I see any groups?
Your school may not be using groups at this time.
Schoology Answers for Students
How do I login to Schoology?
Login to Schoology by using your district firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this does not give you access to email.This is simply your login method.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten your password, please contact your school librarian or teacher to have it be reset.
The Source is Seattle Public Schools’ online communication tool that allows parents, guardians and studentsaccess to schedules, attendance and assessment scores. Secondary student grades are also on the Source.
Already Registered With The Source? You do not need to register again.
Please logon at: http://ps.seattleschools.org
Have You Forgotten Your Source Username or Password?
Please go to: http://ps.seattleschools.org
Please click the “Forget your password?” or the “Forget your username?” links.
Need to Add Students to Your Source Account?
Please log onto your Source account, click Add Students and follow the steps.
Not Registered With The Source? Here’s how to get started:
- Please go to http://ps.seattleschools.org and click the Sign up button.
- Read the instructions and click the Add Student Information button.
- Enter: Your student’s 7 digit Seattle Schools student ID#, date of birth and school.
- If you have more than one student, click Add Another Student.
- Click Finished Adding Students after you have entered all of your students enrolled in SPS.
- Wait a few minutes and look for an email message from email@example.com
NOTE: If you don’t see the message in your inbox, check your SPAM or Trash folder.
- Open the email and make note of the Access ID and Access Password for each student.
NOTE: Do not include any spaces when entering the Access ID or Access Password.
- Access Password is entered in UPPER CASE LETTERS.
- Click the Create Parent Account link in the email.
- Enter the following: Your first and last name, your valid email address, and a password (please do notuse an apostrophe ‘ in your password). Enter each student’s name, Access ID, Access Password (in UPPER CASE LETTERS) and use the drop-down to select your relationship to each student.
- Scroll down and click Enter when you are done.
- Log onto the Source!