We read. We listen. We explore. We create. We play. We share.
Book suggestions for the summer!
How to get book suggestions, search for books, and put them on hold from the Eckstein Library!
Log into Follett Destiny Discover from the Clever Portal and search for books. Click hold to put them on hold and a TA will deliver them to you or you can stop by to pick them up!
A note about reading at the middle school level:
Middle school is a wonderful age to be a reader. Children’s and young adult publishing is at the highest it’s ever been and the quality is superb.
There is literally a great book for everyone!
Books published as children’s literature or middle grade literature tend to be books I could recommend to kids in elementary school and up, which does not mean that there is not a wide variation within that category or that they are written at a much lower level but rather that the content is accessible for all. Books published as young adult literature sometimes have more mature content and situations, such as language, romantic/sexual relationships, violence, or difficult issues facing teens. Every student and every family is different. Contact the librarian Erin Sterling at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want help choosing the right book for you!
Scroll through to find a book for you based on what you love.
- Realistic fiction about tough issues like The Hate You Give
- Heartwarming realistic fiction like Wonder
- Mystery thrillers like One of Us is Lying
- Mystery adventures like Stuart Gibbs’s Spy School series
- Horror books if you like Stephen King
- Funny books if you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Funny lighthearted books if you like Stand Up, Yumi Chung
- Funny Sci-Fi books if you like The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- History nonfiction if you like Unbroken
- Historical middle grade fiction if you like The War That Saved My Life
- Historical young adult fiction if you like Last Night at the Telegraph Club
- LGBTQ2IA+ books if you liked Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
- Tearjerkers if you like They Both Die at the End
- Survival stories if you like Hatchet
- Graphic novels if you like Smile
- Graphic novels if you like Amulet
- Historical graphic novels if you like Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales
- Memoir graphic novels if you like Almost American Girl
- Sports books if you like Ghost
- Novels in verse if you like Other Words for Home
- Lighthearted fantasy if you like Keeper of the Lost Cities
- Mythological fantasy if you like Rick Riordan’s books
- Fantasy romance if you like Throne of Glass.
- Manga at Eckstein
- Eckstein students’ favorite books of 2021-2022
Consider donating some of these items needed for the Eckstein Library MakerSpace (including crafts and games), furniture, or popular books!
Drop off at main office with Eckstein Library noted on the box or email Ms. Sterling at email@example.com.
September 2022 Stats!
Eagles Read are 50 book titles in a diverse range of interests selected by Ms. Sterling! Earn a button for every book you read, be entered in random drawings for prizes, and participate in discussions with students and staff through the year.
- Your library barcode: 990000 + Student ID #
- found on the Source
- Your library pin: birthday (mmdd)
- example January 2 = 0102
Take a look at:
- Libby: for ebooks, audiobooks and more
- Hoopla: Comics
- Flipster: free magazines
- LinkedIn Learning: video tutorials on everything from programming languages to video editing to graphic design and more
Eckstein Social Media Accounts
- Library: @ecksteinlibrary
- TikTok: @ecksteinlibrary
- ASB/Leadership: @insideeckstein
- Yearbook: @ecksteinyearbook
Library Purpose Statement
The Eckstein library‘s mission is to create a sophisticated 21st century learning environment that offers a full range of print and electronic resources that provide equal learning opportunities to all students. The library is a place of opportunity that offers students access to a collection of classic and contemporary print and electronic resources, as well as the chance to explore technology that they can integrate into their learning.