Athletics at Eckstein Middle School
Eckstein Athletic Director
Eckstein Middle school is transitioning to FinalForms, an online system, that boosts compliance and safety. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign forms from your computer, table, or mobile device.
FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving parents/guardians time if you have multiple children. It also saves us just under 10,000 sheets of paper as each packet is over 15 pages long and we have over 600 student athletes.
You may log in any time to update information including emergency medical contacts and information. You will be required to sign your forms once per year and anytime you make an update.
A parent must create their FinalForms account first before your student is able to create their account. We ask ALL parents/guardians of athletes to use FinalForms.
Already have an account? Log in to FinalForms:
In order to participate in Eckstein sports, Before Tryouts, FinalForms must be completed.
Final Forms Support
If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom and click “Use Support”. Thank you for your assistance in streamlining processes, boosting compliance and increasing safety at Eckstein Middle School.
All students need a doctor-signed physical uploaded onto Final Forms before they can participate in sports.
Physicals are valid for two years from the exam date. Check with Toni Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your student has a current physical on file at Eckstein. Both Roosevelt and Nathan Hale High schools have a Teen Health Clinic that can provide sports physicals for our students.
Weekly Grade Reports
Eckstein has decided to not require that grade check reports be turned in, though some coaches may still require it for specific teams. Administration will perform the grade checks via internal reports instead of requiring this step to take place.
Students are expected to maintain a 2.0 GPA with no more than 1 failing grade in order to be eligible to play in the game each week.
Please email the Athletic Coordinator for more information at email@example.com
Fall Sports (Sept-Dec)
Girls Soccer Tryouts are September 18 and 21st from 4-5:30 pm. All students will report to tryouts both days.
Girls Soccer will begin practice on September 25th and continue practices Mondays and Thursdays from 4-5:30
No Practice on 11/23 for Thanksgiving break.
All games are on Saturday. We will post game schedules when we receive them.
Ultimate Frisbee (Co-Ed)
Ultimate Frisbee tryouts will be September 19, 20, and 22.
- Sept 19th- 8th Grade only 4-5:30 PM
- Sept 20th- 7th Graders only 2:45-4:15 PM
- Sept 22nd- 7th AND 8th Graders only 4-5:30 PM
- NEW DATE: Sept 26th – 6th Graders only 4:00 – 5:30 pm & Sept 27th 2:45 – 4:15 pm
Ultimate Frisbee will begin practices on September 26th and continue practices on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 6th Graders: Tuesdays 4-5:30 PM and Wednesdays 2:45 pm
- 7th Graders: Wednesdays 2:45 -4pm and Fridays 4-5:30 PM
- 8th Graders: Tuesdays and Fridays 4-5:30 PM
- Developmental team will practice on Tuesdays and Wednesday 4-5:30 PM.
All games are on Saturday. We will post schedules when we receive them.
Winter Sports (Dec-Mar)
Spring Sports (Mar-June)
Middle School Athlete Forms
Use the following guide to register your student for athletic programming. Once complete, these forms should be forwarded to the school where your student is participating.
Student Athletic Forms
Step 1: Athletic Registration Forms
Print, complete and return forms to school. Please note, high school and K-8/middle school students complete the same form.
Student Athletic Registration Forms
- Registration forms are valid for one school year only
Step 2: Physical Exam Form
Student-Athlete Medical Forms
- The HISTORY document (Page 1) should be completed and remain with your provider
- The EXAM document (Page 2) should be completed and remain with your provider
- The MEDICAL ELIGIBILITY document (Page 3) should be the only item submitted to your school
- Physicals are valid for 24 consecutive months
Step 3: Program Guardian Release & Warning Forms
All forms are required.
- Athletic Participation COVID Waiver
- Rapid Antigen Testing Consent Form
Step 4: Sport-Specific Guardian Release & Warning Forms
For each school year, one form is required for each sport student will participate.
- Basketball – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Soccer – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Track & Field – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Ultimate Frisbee – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Volleybal – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
Step 5: Guardian Awareness Forms
Print, complete and return forms to school.
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
- Extracurricular Athletic Transportation Form
- Media Release for Publication Form
- Spectator Code of Conduct Form
- Weight Room Consent Form
Additional District Resources and Forms
Student Athletic Handbook
Enrollment/Cross-Enrollment – Athletics Only
This checklist is for students who wish to participate with their neighborhood school’s athletic programs but are either not enrolled within the district OR who current district students needing to be cross-enrolled from their alternative high school. If any questions about the checklist, please contact the athletic school where your student would be participating.
Seattle Public Schools makes available a student accident insurance program that can be tailored to your family’s needs. To learn more about available plans/enrollment or to ask additional questions, visit the District’s Risk Management Department link below.
Student Participation Fees: “Pay to Play” fees have been discontinued. Check with your school for any other additional fees.