Athletics at Eckstein Middle School
All students interested in any of our sports are required to have completed paperwork (including a completed physical signed by your doctor) turned into the school in order to be cleared to turn out. Physicals are only good for two years from the date of the exam. Students with expired physicals will not be allowed to turn out for a sport until they submit an updated physical.
SPS Athletic Forms
Please click on the link below to find all the athletic forms needed for your child to be cleared to turn out for any Eckstein sports this year.
Note the two additional COVID forms required for students to participate!
Once complete, you can email a scan/photo of them to Joanna Mensher at firstname.lastname@example.org or have your student drop off the hard copies into the front office of Eckstein.
Athletic COVID Information (2021/2022)
2022/2023 Updates Coming Soon!
- All players must complete three required COVID forms in the Athletic Packet.
- All athletes and coaches are required to wear face masks when arriving at all practices and games. Face masks may be removed when players are actively engaged in athletic activity, but must be worn at all other times (on the sideline, while waiting in a cue, etc.).
- All athletic equipment will be cleaned and disinfected before each practice and game.
- Athletes need to bring their own water bottles (no sharing!) and practice social distancing. If practice jerseys are used, they may not be shared.
- Students cannot go back into the school building after exiting for practices. Coaches will have an area for players to keep their personal items stored during practice. The porta potty located outside the portable classrooms is to be used for restroom breaks. Hand sanitizer will be available at every practice and in the porta potty.
- We are excited to resume our athletic program safely!
Fall Sports (Sept – Dec)
On Eckstein Field
Mondays and Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 PM. (Beginning week of September 26, 2022)
*Games will be on Saturdays, starting on Oct. 1, 2022.
Head Coach: Shawn Kenyon email@example.com
Girls Soccer Game Schedule
|Oct. 1||8:00 A.M.||Eagle Staff||Whitman|
|Oct. 8||11:00 A.M.||Garfield HS||Madison|
|Oct. 15||9:30 A.M.||Garfield HS||Meany|
|Oct. 22||11:00 A.M.||TBD||Washington|
|Oct. 29||8:00 A.M.||Garfield HS||McClure|
|Nov. 5||11:30 A.M.||Garfield HS||Jane Addams|
|Nov. 19||8:00 A.M.||Ingraham||Mercer|
|Nov. 26||8:00 A.M.||Eagle Staff||Eagle Staff|
|Dec. 3||11:00 A.M.||Garfield HS||Hamilton|
|Dec. 10||TBD||Memorial Stadium||Playoffs|
On Eckstein Field
- 8th – Tuesdays & Fridays: 4:00-5:30 PM
- 7th – Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 4:00-5:30 PM
- 6th – Wednesdays: 2:30-4:00 PM & Fridays: 4:00-5:30 PM
- All students interested in ultimate Frisbee must complete and submit the required athletic paperwork by Sep. 19, 2022, in order to participate in all tryout dates.
- In addition to completion of paperwork by the deadline, coaches will use several other criteria to accept players to the Eckstein Ultimate program and place them on teams. Team placement will be determined during tryouts. Coaches will consider general team size limitations (teams may be limited to 20 – 25 players). We will do our best to accommodate as many players as possible but due to the popularity of Fall Ultimate, coaches may not be able to accept everyone interested, and there may be cuts. Please recognize we have coaching and field limitations. If cuts are necessary, we will look at:
- Past and Current Behavior
- Spirit of the Game – Positive Team Attitude
- Commitment to attend most practices and games
- Agility/Speed/Overall ultimate skills
- If your child will have consistent conflicts with other activities on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Fridays and/or Saturdays, please notify the coach at the first practice.
Head Coach: Andrea Schnee firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultimate Frisbee Games
|Oct. 1st||8th Grade Varsity/Blue Eagles||9:00 A.M.||Jane Addams||Eagle Staff|
|Oct. 1st||8th Grade JV/White Eagles||9:00 A.M.||Jane Addams||Hamilton Hawks|
|Oct. 1st||8th Grade JV/White Eagles||10:45 A.M.||Jane Addams||Jane Addams|
|Oct. 1st||7th Grade Diamond Eagles||10:45 A.M.||Jane Addams||Eagle Staff JV|
|Oct. 1st||7th Grade Golden Eagles||9:00 A.M.||Jane Addams||Hamilton Hawks 7|
|Oct. 1st||6th Grade Varsity||2:15 P.M.||Jane Addams||Hamilton 6|
|Oct. 1st||6th Grade JV1||12:30 P.M.||Jane Addams||JAMs Purple 6|
|Oct. 1st||6th Grade JV2||10:45 A.M.||SWAC||STEM Owls|
Winter Sports (Dec – Feb)
Boys AND Girls City Championship
Eckstein Boys and Girls Basketball City Champions!!
Spring Sports (Mar – May)
All students interested in any of our spring sports are required to have completed paperwork (including a completed physical signed by your doctor) turned into the school in order to be cleared to turn out. Physicals are only good for two years from the date of the exam. Students with expired physicals will not be allowed to turn out for a sport until they submit an updated physical.
If this is your first Eckstein sport, this year: Complete ALL parts of ALL forms before turning this completed packet into the main office. The packet must include clearance by a doctor on pages 3-5 of the Athletic Registration & Physical Form. If you have a current physical on file from a previous year (physical date must be within the last two calendar years), but you have NOT turned in athletic forms for another sport this year. Complete ALL parts of ALL forms, except pages 4-6 of the Athletic Registration & Physical Form . Please write “Physical on File” on pages 4-6 of that form.
If you have already been cleared for another school sport this year and there are current forms on file at Eckstein already (including a physical completed within the last two years), you only need to complete the first 2 pages of the packet: Parent/Guardian Release Form – Basketball Safety Guidelines.
Students are not permitted to participate in tryouts or practices until all forms have been submitted and a current physical is on file at Eckstein Middle School. If you have questions about athletic forms, please contact Eckstein Middle School at email@example.com or 206-252-5010.
Athletic Coordinator: Pending
- COVID Disclosure & Release Form
- COVID Screening Form
- Athletic Registration
- Athletic Physical Form
- Sport Specific Guardian Release & Warning Forms:
- Track & Field
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Concussion & Sudden Cardiac Arrest Forms
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Concussion Acknowledgement form (download and sign)
- Concussion Information Sheet
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
Students will not be cleared to participate in any tryouts, practices or competitions until all forms have been completed and approved by the Athletic Coordinator.
Participation in athletics in Seattle Public Schools requires updated forms and registration each academic year and students must have a signed physician’s physical every twenty-four months (two calendar years) on file with the school’s Athletic Coordinator. Forms can be printed by clicking the links above and hard copies of the forms are available in Eckstein’s the main office.
Weekly Grade Reports
All Eckstein student athletes must turn in a Weekly Grade Report no later than each Wednesday to be eligible to play in that Saturday’s game.
Middle school athletics are supported by levy funding that is tied to academics, so this procedure is a requirement for all SPS athletes in all sports.
Students need to print out their current grades from The Source. The must turn in this printed sheet to the main office by the end of the day each Wednesday. We encourage parents/guardians to remind your child about the requirement, too.
The Athletic Coordinator provides the coaches with a “Cleared to Play” list each Thursday based on the completed grade reports and SPS does not permit late additions to the team rosters once they arecompleted.
Players will NOT be eligible to play in a Sat game if they have not turned in an SPS Weekly Grade Report by the Wed deadline for that week.