Eckstein Middle School Registrar’s Office
Student Schedules and Schedule Changes
When to Request a Change
Families and students may request a schedule change for Semester 1 between the following dates:
August 29 at 8 a.m. until September 19 at 4 p.m.
Note: Schedule change requests must be submitted by the deadline for consideration. If you learn your schedule through alternate methods (e.g., Typing Agent or Newsela) and request a change before these dates, your request will not be valid and will not receive priority.
Restrictions to Schedule Changes and Requests
Please keep in mind that Eckstein’s schedule is intricate, and elective choices are not guaranteed. We prioritize core academic classes to ensure students are in appropriate courses. Teacher choice requests cannot be accommodated. We make every effort to honor elective choices when possible.
If you email your request to the registrar, you will be redirected to complete the Schedule Change Request form. Requests are processed in the order they are received, but please note that not all requests are granted or guaranteed. We allow the following types of schedule changes if seats are available and they fit your schedule:
- Medical reasoning to rearrange schedule
- IEP, ELL, 504, or similar program services needing to be added or removed
- Change of Elective
- Admin approved changes
We do not approve requests for teacher changes, to be with friends, for different lunch periods, or to swap to a different period of the same class; such requests will be denied. If you have more significant concerns involving another student, teacher, or another reason, please speak with one of our Administrators. Changes will be determined after a discussion.
Please be patient as it may take a few days to process requests. We will notify you whether or not the change can be accommodated.
For any questions, contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Request a Schedule Change
The Schedule Change Request form below will only accept responses from August 29 at 8 a.m. to September 19 at 4 p.m.
If the form does not appear below, you can access it through this direct link to the Schedule Change Request form.
Parents Requesting Records
If you require records for a Private School application, please refer to Eckstein’s Private School Application Recommendation Process.
Typically, schools are responsible for requesting records for incoming transfer students. If possible, please direct the school to email the Eckstein Registrar, Toni Morgan, at email@example.com and/or send them the directions below for “Schools requesting Records.”
If that option is unavailable, and Eckstein is the current or last school your student attended, kindly send your records request to Toni Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- Student’s Full Name
- ID Number (if known)
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of Records Request
You may also fax your requests to 206-252-5011, Attention: Toni Morgan.
Schools Requesting Records
Seattle Public Schools does not use the OSPI Student Records eXchange.
Please submit requests online if you are from a school or school district in need of records for a former Seattle Public Schools student, using our Online Student Records Request System, K-12 Transfer. Fax, phone calls, emails, and mail requests are no longer accepted.
- For students with significant health concerns, work with their medical provider or the nurse at the current school for information sharing.
- Families needing a certificate of immunization should create an account on MyIR.net to access immunization records.
- Note: Birth Certificates will not be provided.
If you are a current student, former student, college or verification company, please reference the Student Records page for more information about requesting records.
Private School Recommendation Process
Application Deadline: Friday, December 8, 2023
Note: Late submissions may not be guaranteed processing and will depend on teacher availability.
How to Submit Forms
To ensure a smooth application process, please follow these guidelines for each type of form:
1. Teacher Recommendation Forms:
- These forms should be directed to specific teachers (e.g., Math, Language Arts, World Language).
- Your student must ask their chosen teacher in person before submitting these requests.
- Find teacher emails in our Staff Directory or on your Source Page.
2. Transcript Requests:
Send transcript requests to the Registrar.
3. Administrator Form/Office Form/Principal Form:
- These forms, known by various names, are typically the last documents required.
- Whenever possible, direct these forms to your student’s grade level counselor:
Process for Paper or PDF Applications:
In cases where private schools require paper or PDF applications, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application packet with student information and note the name of an evaluating teacher.
- Bring the completed packet to the Main Office for processing by the Registrar.
- The Registrar will handle all necessary forms and distribute Teacher Recommendations and Evaluations.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the application is sent to the respective private schools.
- If you must mail an application, provide an addressed envelope WITH postage for each school you’ve selected to receive applications.
- If no postage is provided, the document will be emailed to the respective schools.
PE Waiver for Eckstein Middle School
Seattle Public School Policy states that students in grade 1-8 are required to participate in at least 100 instructional minutes per school week in PE classes (60 hours per .5 semester credit) unless such participation is waived. Seattle Public Schools does not endorse PE Waivers. Reference: RCW 28A.230.040
Students may be excused from the PE instruction requirement for the following reasons:
- Physical Disability
- Religious Belief
- Participation in Directed Athletics
Due: January 26, 2024
Turn in to: Email the PDF directly to email@example.com or drop off in Main Office. Submitting a waiver DOES NOT guarantee movement out of PE. This may be because of seats available and your student’s schedule.
PE Waiver Criteria and Information
Who Can Waive PE
If 7th and 8th graders are already getting enough physical activity outside of school, they have the opportunity to waive PE.
Important Points to Note
- Submitting a waiver request DOES NOT guarantee that your student will be exempt from PE.
- Availability and your student’s schedule may impact this decision.
Common Reason for Waiving PE
- Many students choose “Directed Athletics” as the reason for waiving PE.
- To use this reason, provide a verification letter from the coach OR detail the hours spent in provided logs or on extra paper.
- Screenshots of practice schedules are also acceptable as supporting documentation. Please include them with the waiver when you submit it.
Requirements for Waiving PE
- The total number of hours needs to be equal to or exceed 60 hours.
- These hours must be accumulated during the current school year.
- You may submit the form before all hours are officially logged, based on your intention of participation.
Physical education waivers are not granted automatically, especially if students have space in their schedules for a PE class. Approval depends on the circumstances, and submitting a request does not guarantee a waiver.
- For a valid waiver request, include verification from a physician, religious leader, coach, instructor, or parent/guardian.
- Submit this verification to the Main Office no later than January 26th, 2024.
- Electronic submission is accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consequences of Non-Approval
- If verification and approval are not received, students will be scheduled for a PE class during the second semester in place of another elective of their choice.